Historic 1896 sterling silver presentation club donated by Robert Cox for a match between two of the oldest American golf clubs - Saint Andrews Golf Club and Morris Country Golf Club. Robert Cox was visiting the United States and, it appears based on the club's attribution to him, donated this silver presentation club as a trophy for what we presume was to become an annual match between the clubs. Robert Cox famous donated another trophy on that trip - the Women's Amateur Winner's trophy. That trophy is currently housed at the USGA Museum, and is widely considered the most beautiful golf trophy every produced.
Notes from the Watts collection state (or possibly speculate) that this is a McEwan long nose. Ornately covered in Sterling Silver. Shaft has a silver "Robert Cox" plaque.
This piece is being offered today from the famed Ronnie Watts Collection