Created by Chicago-based Wellington Stone, a company renowned from the 1920s through the 1930s for its ornate cast brass floor lamps and bridge lamps, the original Parlor Putter debuted in 1920 and was produced until 1925.
Made of cast iron or brass, Parlor Putter smoking stands feature a trefoil-shape shelf that supported three of the game's marked, wooden-shaft putters. Golf balls were displayed on the shelf's trio of shallow wells and two cast balls decorate the stand's center post. A basket-type tray that tops the post holds the stand's rare original ashtray.
The presented Wellington Parlor Putter is among one of the nicest and complete we've ever encountered. Parlor Putter stands are highly collectible today, as they make a fine office or game room display piece. However, they are very difficult to find in good condition. Offered here is a high grade example that still exhibits much of its original paint, the original ash tray, and the 3 original Parlor Putter golf clubs.